Sports & Entertainment Law
Our attorneys been engaged for more than forty years in various aspects of sports law and entertainment law. T. Paul Hendrick has been General Counsel for the ECHL, a professional hockey operating throughout the United States and Canada for more than twenty years. He also serves as General Counsel for two independent professional baseball leagues, the Can-Am League and the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball, playing in both the United States and Canada. Representation has included race car drivers, as well as litigation representation for a racing competition league. This varied representation includes:
- league establishment, governance, and management of legal affairs, including bylaws, affiliation agreements, rules, regulations, transfers of interest among ownership groups
- negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- labor law grievances and arbitration
- litigation representation
- drafting and review of standard player contracts and sports arena and stadium leases
- letters of credit
Mr. Hendrick was an original founding member of the Sports and Entertainment Section of the North Carolina Bar Association and has served as its Chairman, as well as several terms on its Board of Directors. He has addressed sports law classes at Wake Forest University, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, and Duke University, as well as classes at High Point University. He has written articles on arena liability, sports team liability, and commented on various important sports law cases for publication.
Our attorneys have also been representing sports and entertainment clients with logos, trademarks, litigation over agreements within leagues as well as suspension of player-participants.
Call 336-723-7200 to discuss your entertainment law or sports law needs.